In the third week of May 2009 it was revealed that Ripplewood Holdings (Ripplewood Partners, L.P., Ripplewood Partners II, L.P., RHJ International, L.P. and New LTCB Partners C.V.) is interested in investing venture capital in General Motors (GM) Brand Opel. The realization of this Ripplewood Holdings investment proposal resulting in putting the Germans back in their box is the preferred outcome in this case.
Ripplewood Holdings can be contacted via the former technology arm for DML Fund Services using this Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Individuals with more effective and/or direct contact channels to Ripplewood Holdings should use this knowledge to urge Ripplewood Holdings to pull out all of the stops in an effort to beat the competition and achieve this goal.
It has been learned that a General Motors (GM) Brand in Europe - West Germany / now Germany, after the Allied Powers facilitated the fall of the iron curtain and end of the Cold War (which of course the Germans are largely to blame for after first starting and then losing two world wars in the 20th century) and for which they should be forever grateful. To continue - the GM Brand Opel, has German Foreign National supporters who favor extracting only the Germany Segments of Opel out of GM Europe. Strange, but not surprising in light of the fact the ever since the German reunification the Germans have developed an unacceptable in your face, arrogant and over the top attitude. Furthermore, many of those same German Foreign Nationals are demanding German Opel control over the GM International Technical Development Center at the GM/Opel Assembly Facility in Ruesselsheim, Germany and all GM intellectual properties and patents which they deem as "though up or invented by Germans" be handed over by GM U.S.A. to the Germans at Opel at fire sale prices, of course. That line of thinking is ridiculous because it is common knowledge that intellectual properties and patents always belong to the owning corporation - in this case GM in Detroit, MI U.S.A. At this risk of being the bearer of more bad news I regret to inform residents of Wilmington, Ohio, Wilmington Mayor David Raizk, Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland, Ohio Lt. Gov. Lee Fisher, U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown, U.S. Rep. Mike Turner, the auto task force (Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner / White House economic adviser Lawrence Summers) and possibly others that you are once again currently being sold down the river, stepped-on - it is a real snow-job attempt by the Germans. The good news is that this need not happen and that current GM CEO over at GM is the person who can help prevent it if he steps up to the plate. You should challenge him as quickly as possible to take the appropriate action. For my part I am answering President Obama's call that anyone who has good ideas should step forward and present them. The citizens of Ohio and GM owe me nothing. I am giving you my expertise (based on my excellent background, experience and abilities) off the cuff.
The aforementioned demands which the Germans are making are delusional and might only happen in their dreams. In the real "awake world" I know that current GM CEO over at GM will not cave-in to such nonsense. The reason that meeting any German demands would be a shortchange for U.S. Workers is because of the repeated cut-throat actions by the Germans. A few examples follow:
- The German National Airline, Lufthansa (in which the German Government has a substantial stake) stood by and watched as the former Switzerland National Airline, SwissAir went bankrupt and then picked it up for a bargain basement price. They renamed it Swiss International Airlines
- Lufthansa also recently took over the Austrian National Airline, Austrian Airlines under almost identical circumstances. (Herewith the German National Airline, Lufthansa in which the German Government has a substantial stake owns and controls all of the worlds' major German speaking air carries).
- When mobile telephone maker NOKIA closed a production facility located in Germany at the start of 2008 the Germans (including many high ranking Foreign German National Politicians) demonized NOKIA and threatened investigations and lawsuits.
- Then DHL, owned by the Deutsche Post (in which the German Government also has a substantial stake) closed down the Wilmington, Ohio DHL Air Park operation without blinking an eye.
- Just as recent as this past February (2009) the German memory chip maker Qimonda announced it will close a U.S. factory in Richmond, Virginia that employs 1,500 workers. A Qimonda statement added that production at other sites, notably in the eastern German city of Dresden, would either continue or the German Workers would be guaranteed new positions in other German Companies.
- March 2009, German Railways / Deutsche Bahn (in which the German Government also has a substantial stake), DB Logistics Division which took over BAX Global, Los Angeles in 2005 says it will now fire many of the 7,500 workers at its Long Beach, Los Angeles, California facility.
- There are vast differences in accrual accounting which exit between U.S. GAAP under which transactions are accounted for on a period basis and the German HGB financial reporting and disclosure code which allows future real or projected transactions (expenses) to be entered into the current period allowing the smoothing out of earnings, hiding assets and cloaking losses. Only German companies who have yearned a listing on the NYSE have (as required by the SEC) gone to U.S. GAAP standards. When they do, then the truth comes out very quickly as in the now infamous Daimler-Chrysler Merger which failed. Some discussions threads (for which the realization of success probability cannot be determined) have even been detected which claim that actually Daimler-Benz (which still retains 20% of Chrysler) should have made a deal to sell Chrysler directly to GM U.S.A. instead of selling first to Cerberus Capital Management, L.P., but that a new short-term German strategy is to aim at an outcome under which the chapter 11 of Chrysler under Cerberus leads directly to a weakened U.S. auto industry, with it GM, or that a GM take-over of Chrysler weakens GM resulting in any case with the Germans being able to scavenge as planed the GM International Technical Development Center at the GM/Opel Assembly Facility in Ruesselsheim, Germany and all GM intellectual properties and patents pertaining to Opel and leaving the bones back in Detroit and Washington, D.C., now that the U.S. Treasury plays a role.
- As the EU was working on deciding in which country the European Central Bank (ECB) would be located the Germans made a huge fuss and threatened to withdraw from the currency union (the forerunner of the Euro) unless the ECB was established in Germany. Other EU countries fell in to the pressure and the ECB is in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Although seemingly small and unimportant, I caught a German media report which contained a segment on how a German clothing design company actually had a lawyer as part of the team which traveled to every fashion show for the purpose of filing an immediate intellectual property theft lawsuit if a competitor was deemed to have come out with a similar design piece regardless of which country they were in. To be sure the Germans will always protect their own intellectual property while at the same time believing that they can steam-roll the current GM CEO when it comes to the same issue. It is a preponderance of the evidence, this is the type of element which must be dealt with here.
Additionally the GM/Opel work council, leader Klaus Franz (a German Foreign National) and others at Opel plus many high ranking Foreign German National Politicians are demanding that all GM intellectual properties and patents which they deem as "though up or invented by Germans" be handed over by GM U.S.A. to the Germans at rock bottom prices. This guy Franz must be taking something which has affected his brain. Mr. Franz started in 1975 at GM/Opel in the paint cabin and probably has no management degree from an accredited university and is unlikely a major share holder. This goes to show what types of individuals are calling the shots to some extent at GM/Opel Germany assembly facilities. It is like the blind leading a patient who is in a coma. (even though a separate labor union exists at all GM/Opel Germany assembly facilities, additionally and as allowed under a very awkward German Law a Work Council, in the German Language - a Betriebsrat, which is not a Labor Union, is a group of normal floor workers who are awarded the privilege of putting in a final word and opinion on most major decisions even though they are not part of company management or major share holders). It must also be amended that this Mr. Carl-Peter Forster (a German Foreign National) now Head of GM Europe and earlier at the German auto-maker BMW is unhelpful in the current situation. It has been observed that he has an arrogant and over the top mouth which tends to be anti American. It appears that Foster is a type of chum to the German Government. I do not know who hired Foster into GM, but who ever it was - that individual came in short of the goal.
Intellectual property and design patents plus everything which is connected with the GM International Technical Development Center at the GM/Opel Assembly Facility in Ruesselsheim, Germany should be closely held only by GM in the U.S.A. and not turned over to the Germans at any price. It is an election year in Germany and I am in a position to know that German politicians will tend to be very willing to sell the shirt off their backs in an effort to claim that they have saved jobs. For this reason the current GM CEO and the auto task force (Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner / White House economic adviser Lawrence Summers) are in an excellent position to dictate terms concerning GM Germany Operations. You know the routine - when either current GM CEO or the auto task force (Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner / White House economic adviser Lawrence Summers) says jump, the only words coming out the Germans Mouths' should be - "How High?"
In last minute developments just as this communication reach completion a unconfirmed report surfaced in which it was claimed that the U.S. Government either already obtained as collateral or as part of the U.S. Treasury auto industry bail out agreement will soon hold GM intellectual properties and patents in lieu of GM bail out monies payback. To be on the safe side U.S. Treasury must be warned in the same manner - No U.S. intellectual properties and patents to the Germans. Further, according to reports, a German foreign national politician named Karl-Theodor Freiherr zu Guttenberg traveled to the United States of American on or about March 15, 2009 in an attempt to strong-arm (at that time) GM CEO Rick Wagoner and run his harebrained proposals up past the auto task force made up of U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and White House economic adviser Lawrence Summers. All involved should have sent him packing, he should been asked to get out of town.
It has also now been reported that the German Deutsche Bank received 12 Billion U.S. Dollars from American International Group, Inc. (AIG) Insurance (which U.S. Taxpayers now own) in the 3rd Week of March 2009. A possible scenario, which the American Public would never stomach, would be if the German Deutsche Bank participates in financing a German take-over of Opel, the GM International Technical Development Center at the GM/Opel Assembly Facility in Ruesselsheim, Germany and GM intellectual properties and patents after receiving 12 Billion Dollars from AIG (which U.S. Taxpayers now own). That would be the equivalent of U.S. Taxpayers first rescuing both GM and AIG, while at the same time participating the destruction of GM. On which side of this thing will current GM CEO or the auto task force (Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner / White House economic adviser Lawrence Summers) be?
With this newest American International Group, Inc. (AIG) Insurance situation, along with reports that even Toyota in Japan has now been strongly impacted by the global financial downturn, plus the newest UAW deal with Ford Motor Company and reports of the world-wide destruction of 50 Trillion Dollars in wealth it will be that much more difficult if GM now heads in the wrong direction.
For those in CONUS having knowledge of a part or all of the following information the possibility exists that they may not view it in the same context or they are failing to "connect the dots". You may recall that a failure to connect the dots regarding that now famous FBI Memo from the female FBI Agent in Minneapolis-St. Paul has since been sighted as one of the key "Missed Opportunities" in possibly preventing the 9/11 attacks on our nation.
Many in the UAW and the majority of the American People do not have knowledge of the following:
1. As the Second World War ended GM/Opel extracted back GMs' ownership rights and profits from 1938 to 1945 tactical vehicle production for the Nazi Germany military Wehrmacht which had nationalized the Opel Factory (Wehrmacht, the former name of the German Army) even as during the entire war GM Management back in CONUS exhibited a pure U.S. patriotic face. This situation is well documented and can be found in U.S. archive material and is certainly know to many in Germany . While GM's current CEO might not have been at the helm during that time period if one "connects the dots" then it must be asked - what kind of corporate climate allows such activities and then comes to the tax payers' money trough in 2009 and asked to be rescued?
2. In the middle and late 1990's GM/Opel -Germany used the German Federal Unemployment Office as a type of Social Merry-go-Round reporting older Opel Employees who came within 5 Years of the German lawful retirement age as unemployed with the German Federal Unemployment Authority while at the same time keeping them listed on the internal GM/Opel employment roles so that those same employees go continue to accrue GM Years of Service in contribution to their GM/Opel Retirement. Although now legally changed, German unemployment benefits ran indefinitely at that time (until either a new job was found or the individual reached official retirement age - whichever came first). This resulted in many German Foreign Nationals riding the Money Gravy Train using a U.S. Company (General Motors) as a platform. After the end of that 5 year period these older GM/Opel Employees were then sent into official retirement from GM/Opel. The costs for General Motors is unknown, however it is strange that after such waste that GM now comes to the U.S. Taxpayers and asked to be rescued, after throwing such a binge for German Foreign Nationals. This situation is well documented in Germany but almost certainly unknown to all but a very few in the United States of America. Again while GMs' current CEO might not have been at the helm during that time period if one "connects the dots" then it must be asked - what kind of corporate climate allows such activities and then comes to the U.S. tax payers' money trough and asked to be rescued? The point is that GM's current CEO is at the helm today and he now has the opportunity to demonstrate to the Germans that their Social Merry-go-Round was stupid and he is now going to put the Germans back in their box.
3. The current GM/Opel Works Council Leader, a Mr. Klaus Franz (a German Foreign National) as well as others at the GM/Opel Assembly Facility in Ruesselsheim, Germany plus many high ranking Foreign German National Politicians have been quoted in the German press to have made such statements as, for example: a. They should deliberately fail to carry out orders at all GM/Opel Germany Assembly Facilities concerning operations and production from GM Corporate Leaders in Detroit, MI U.S.A.; b. If the German State came up with a rescue package, they wanted guarantees that no German Funds would flow to GM in Detroit, Mi., U.S.A. Of course this did not stop the German Deutsche Bank from cashing in on 12 Billion U.S. Dollars from American International Group, Inc. (AIG) Insurance which is owned by U.S. Taxpayers in the 2nd Week of March 2009, which means when funds come in their direction - then it is acceptable (the German Deutsche Bank is a AIG counterparty, or claimant). At the same time the German Auto-Maker Volkswagen announced plans to increase their new vehicle market share to 10 percent in the United States in attempt to leverage the GM Crisis. Wow - with so-called friends like that, you do not need any: - how does the rest of that go again?
At this point in time it is unnecessary that the information in this section be disseminated to others, but that is subject to quickly changing daily events. You should only see this contact as a means to communicate to you a possibility to take the initiative, however if it were to be perceived by Americans that the Deutsche Bank participates in any way in providing funding, financial expertise or any other type of support after receiving 12 Billion Dollars from American International Group, Inc. (AIG) Insurance (which U.S. Taxpayers now own) and the Germans walk away with Opel, the GM International Technical Development Center at the GM/Opel Assembly Facility in Ruesselsheim, Germany and GM intellectual properties and patents, then after a maximum of two news cycles I predict the following: First -. The AIG Fiasco will get less coverage (at least temporally) and Second - Someone will have to go (I mean leave her/or his post).
New information has surfaced which suggests that North American Financial Institutions hold as collateral some or most of the GM Plants and Equipment, U.S. Technologies based at, running at or retrievable to the GM International Technical Development Center at the GM/Opel Assembly Facility in Ruesselsheim, Germany and GM intellectual properties and patents. To the extent which this is true - no North American Financial Institution should enter into any transaction which results directly or indirectly with any German entity acquiring or being put into the position of exerting direct or indirect control over any such collateral.
My main proposals are:
1. All GM Brands in Europe should be combined into an all new GM Division with the single name which I am now suggesting, GM Virtual. A possible slogan might be "For All Generations" which translates great into most languages. Do not used Global in the name because many Europeans see globalization as an evil word and they are turned off by it. Each country can then have their specific products as a sub-description under the GM Virtual name.
"For All Generations"
Vauxhall Assembly Facility
Along with this new branding start should also be the roll-out of the all new GM VIRTUAL web site. The title is GM VIRTUAL, with the trendy URL Address of: www.gm4u.com (can have modified redirect addresses for other world languages). If the first variant is taken then www.gm-4u.com or www.gm4-u.com or petition the Dot-COM Authority for any address which are gm* (gm followed by wild cards).
2. The combined EMEA Headquarters for GM Virtual should be in either Switzerland or Dubai instead of the current European and Middle-East duplicate locations. Dubai would be the logical choice because in the future the center of business along with major business decisions for countries on and to the East of the Greenwich Mean Time will tend to no longer be made in Western Europe, but instead in the U.S.A., China, India and the Middle East. For example Delta Airlines already has direct flights from its' Atlanta HQ to India and Qatar Airways is starting a daily direct flight between Doha and Houston, Tx at the end of March 2009 thereby bypassing Europe with Emirates also having a number of direct dailies to CONUS. While European politicians are giving out large amounts for airports in order to impress their constituents, super airports at Doha, Dubai and in China are already starting to suck the oxygen out of Europe.
3. Opel in Germany should only be Dry-Leased to the Germans. The ownership and all GM intellectual properties and patents is retained by GM in Detroit, MI U.S.A. and licensed, not sold, to the Germans. The U.S. Treasury would receive the yearly license payments until GM pays back all U.S. Taxpayer bailout funds and then purchases the intellectual properties and patents back from The U.S. Treasury.
4. It is critically necessary that the activities of the GM International Technical Development Center at the GM/Opel Assembly Facility in Ruesselsheim, Germany (just outside of Frankfurt-Main, Germany) be relocated to the former DHL Wilmington, Ohio Air Park. I happen to know that this is technically possible because the design workstations are connected directly with the main GM U.S.A. IT Computer Center resources so they can be physically located anywhere in the world.
5. It is crucial that the proposed GM VIRTUAL Ops Center be located at the former DHL Wilmington, Ohio Air Park.
6. Other GM activities which by bundling and relocation to the former DHL Wilmington, Ohio Air Park would tend to leverage their productivity should also be considered.
In a communication to Wilmington Mayor David Raizk, Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland, Ohio Lt. Gov. Lee Fisher, U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown, U.S. Rep. Mike Turner, the auto task force (Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner / White House economic adviser Lawrence Summers) and possibly others will be assured that many are convinced that the current GM CEO will not let a concept which was introduced by the Germans and which puts U.S. Workers at the wrong end of a tilted playing field go through. Without a doubt a substantial number of the former employees at the former DHL Wilmington, Ohio Air Park are much more than parcel service workers. Included in their ranks are top management and administrative talents, IT System Specialists, logistical experts - the list is long, and that Wilmington, Ohio Mayor David Raizk knows how he can quickly attract any additional professionals needed. Surely Wilmington Mayor David Raizk, Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland, Ohio Lt. Gov. Lee Fisher, U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown, U.S. Rep. Mike Turner and the auto task force (Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner / White House economic adviser Lawrence Summers) will be receptive and ready to take those actions necessary to make the former DHL Wilmington, Ohio Air Park into a base for the GM activities which I have put forward.